Friday, September 09, 2005

Hannah's Birthday


I've been thinking a lot about ways to repurpose this blog. My life really isn't all that interesting these days, so it's a bit difficult to write. I also don't have a camera anymore, although I plan to correct that issue soon. I'm thinking about perhaps starting to post a few book reviews, as soon as I can figure out how to do sidebars on the site--I'd like to take advantage of that book journal I started a few years ago and post a few lists (top 10 titles, best books on Africa, etc.). The best book I've read in the past few fews is A Town Like Alice (thanks to Hayden's dad Wib for the recommendation). It covers a lot of ground--prisoners of war, losing loved ones, building a town, romance--and is extremely well written. The author, Nevil Shute, is better known for On the Beach, but A Town Like Alice is much better.

Other than reading, I've been painting the house, watching way too much TV (I'm hooked on Scrubs right now), interviewing for jobs, and seeing friends. Hannah, pictured above with her husband Gabe, is a friend from college who has kindly agreed to be my workout partner. We've only gone once so far, but I think with two people we're a bit more likely to motivate ourselves to go.

Also thinking of Hannah, I've realized that nearly half of my friends have birthdays in August or September (Hannah's was a few weeks ago). What does that say about me? I'm not sure.

No comments: