Saturday, May 10, 2008

Puerto Vallarta







Galen and I just got back from Puerto Vallarta. It was my first trip there; his first trip to Mexico. I'm not sure I'll ever go anywhere else - I'm not sure we can top it. We stayed at the Hacienda San Angel, a self-described boutique hotel, with a friend from work and his lovely family. The Hacienda is the first place I've stayed that is actually more beautiful in person than in pictures. The hotel consists of 4 houses that have been completely remodeled and joined into a single area, with multiple pools, marble floors in and out, antiques everywhere, exquisite service, amazing views, and lots of privacy. We barely left the place - it was hard to leave.

On the last day we saw the reception area across the street, which if anything is even more impressive. If you're planning a destination wedding, this is the place.

No comments: