Saturday, March 31, 2007

Islas del Rosario


IMGP2102.JPG
Originally uploaded by aliciamalia.

Traveling with a group (15 of us, at the peak) is interesting. I haven't done it since high school. We all went to the Islas del Rosario together - a national park and cluster of islands two hours of the coast of Cartegena. We stayed at the Cocoliso Resort, which I think is the second-most-classy place on Isla Grande (the bride and groom stayed at the nicer one). It's interesting - the ferry arrives around 11 am, tourists from Cartegena sunbathe and eat until 3:00, then return home. After that 3:00 ferry, the place is deserted. The first night, we + 5 or 6 staff members were the only people there. Adam and I took a bike tour of the island, which I'd definitely recommend. 850 people live there, in really poor circumstances. The hotels are walled off from the interior, so you'd never really guess what else is there.

A note on this picture: I've always been horrible at sports. Terrible. Volleyball - which I played for a year in high school - is no exception. I had laser eye surgery about 2 years ago, and I give it complete credit for my new found sports ability. I'm not good - but I can hit the ball most of the time! It's shocking.

No comments: